However, Hun Sen is not too late to defend himself by uniting with all Cambodian people especially with Sam Rainsy party to work for the genuine interests for Cambodian people and to reduce the power of worst enemy near his armpit. Khmers have to unify with Khmers. When Hun Sen has potential to confront with Thailand at the western zone, CPP government has to allow and support Sam Rainsy to confront with Vietnam at the eastern zone. Khmer politicians have to stop label each other and damn each other in any types of unproductive way. Whenever foreigner knows our weakness of fighting each other like animals (cat and dog), those foreigners will kill all of us eventually. Especially Vietnam who is killing Khmers without bleeding like they have done with Champa, Prey Norkor, Khmer Krom and Lao etc.
First enemy that Hun Sen has to be aware is Vietnamese who supported and installed him to power. Khmer proverb said "whenever all tasks are successful, you are not useful to me any more". This is true that whenever Vietnamese population and strategic mechanism are well operated in Cambodia, Hun Sen will not be useful for Vietnam any more. Currently, we can observe the following considerations Vietnam has achieved in Cambodia:
- Politically, Vietnam has infiltrated its both civilian military and arms policemen. During the war, we need military but during peace we need policemen. As evidence, when Pol Pot fought Lon Nol, Vietnamese military wholeheartedly helped Pol Pot to topple Lon Nol. But when Pol Pot's bad policy reap, Vietnamese military supported another group of Khmer to topple Pol Pot. Once, Vietnam supported Pol Pot, but later Vietnam supported another Khmer group to topple Pol Pot. Vietnam has their people in both sides and they can play any game to kill our "king chess". So our answer for Somdech Decho Hun Sen is that "how long Vietnam need him to stay in power?". The death of Hok Lundy doesn't mean that Vietnamese policemen are weak in Cambodia.
- Demographically, Vietnamese population has been increasingly spread throughout Cambodia. The use of people as the special agent and intermarriage arrangement are both very successful for Vietnam in every time to expand their territorial land. No deny that Vietnamese population has been freely living in Cambodia. Every Vietnamese can register and naturalize their citizenship as Cambodian easier than Cambodian themselves. The whole population of Cambodia is less than half of city of Prey Norkor (Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City) in Vietnam. Or how can Cambodia stop the flowing of illegal immigrants of Vietnamese into Cambodia under our current weak immigration policy government or we can say under Vietnamese immigration officials? Cambodia has 14 millions with land surface of 181,035 sq. km, Vietnam has 87 millions [86,210,860 (July 2008 est.)] with land surface of 331,210 sq. km. Vietnam's density is 254 people per sq. km and Cambodia's density is 78 people per sq. km How do you imagine about this different density?
- Economically, Vietnam has invested in almost every field of economic threads. Technology (Viettell), tourism (Sok Kong Angkor Wat), infrastructure (Sokemik oil and food), agriculture (concession land for rubber plantation), national airline (Vietnamese airline), education (there will be more PhDs for Khmer military and policemen), religion and culture (Supreme Patriarch Tep Vong was ordained by Vietnamese Buddhist monk) etc
- Socially, Vietnam has planned to manipulate Hun Sen government to destroy the main institutions such as Buddhism and Monarchy. Current top Cambodian Buddhist monks are carelessly in learning and practicing proper teaching of Lord Buddha. They are enjoying entitlement, power and body guards. Current Cambodian monarchy has breath because of China who promised to wholeheartedly support king N. Sihanouk. King Sihamuni has no claw with Hun Sen especially under guardian of his beloved mother. Current situation, Cambodia is overwhelmingly influenced by politics. Starting from teachers to low classes officers are forced to register for CPP's membership card.
- Nationalism of border protection is clearly appeared when Sok An put Preah Vihear in the hot spot in order to forget all about the eastern border encroachment of Vietnam. Supplemental border treaty with Vietnam was not compatible with the Paris Peace Accord, so that the current border conflict with Thailand, Hun Sen government dare not utilize the Paris Peace Accord to confront with Thailand. Thailand has already known Hun Sen's weakness. More Thai military might step into Cambodian land in the same time that Vietnam will install so-called border poles deep into Cambodian farmers.
Hun Sen is still having time and supplies now!