Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ly Diep and his Angkor Borey newspaper

Dear Readers:
I cannot directly put any assumption to the actual intention of Ly Diep in digging out all bad behaviors of Khmer leaders, but as a scholar, he/she might undertake wiser methods to bring unity, problems solving and long term development of Cambodia, rather than digging out past wound and rubbing salt onto it.

I have intentionally abstained from criticizing Ly Diep in his frequent articles sending via email. He is very disciplinary journalist who has played roles as Angkor Borey founder, chief-editor, writer and columnist etc in his private newspaper. Angkor Borey has exhibited its special articles and analysis. I have followed all his articles, and I have found two things:
  • Some facts of history of Khmer leaders who misled our country should be good for younger generation like me to know.
  • I have always perceived emotional anxiety while reading his analysis and writing. Several time, I am painful and felt want to revenge our Cambodian leaders after reading his newspaper.

This is a strange feeling, right?

Yes, I can say, after Khmers have experienced bitterly of division during civil war such as Lon Nol, Pol Pot, and Hun Sen under Vietnamese occupation including current ongoing pseudo-democracy in Cambodia, I have found that Angkor Borey is maintained this status quo of "concerted division entertainment" via his sharp criticism and digging out past events.

I cannot directly put any assumption to the actual intention of Ly Diep in digging out all bad behaviors of Khmer leaders, but as a scholar, he/she might undertake wiser methods to bring unity, problems solving and long term development of Cambodia, rather than digging out past wound and rubbing salt onto it.

I look forward to hearing from Ly Diep's comments, and other comments here.

In Solidarity,

KY

No comments: