The PM limit issue is significantly debating in a progressive way for current Cambodian politicians. Now Cambodia has experienced full peace that the world's trend can help assure stability in Cambodia; and one term limit for PM is not seriously affecting national stability.
Crucially, both Hun Sen and Sam Rainsy must come to a compromising point in order to find solution and prioritize on nation's interests.
Hun Sen has to soften his rude attitude in order to think about creating new vision for Cambodian younger generation by limiting PM to two terms mandate, if he is not agreeing with one term proposal of Sam Rainsy.
One term, two terms or three terms is significantly beneficial and intellectual proposal for Cambodian politics both present and future. It is better than and far beyond the arrogant idea of PM candidate that can be lasting if he is still popular and supported by members or people.
For current political system in Cambodia including the lacking of learned citizens; Hun Sen can stay in power 100 years if he can live another 128 years (according his speech that come to power since he was 28). This is really true because voting in Cambodia is boring through NEC's mechanism, Cambodian people mostly are illiteracy, democratic parties are still divisive, corruption in election with vote-buying is traditionally practiced, culture of impunity is no ended(no justice in front of law), and fearful environment is being frequently used by current PM.
But why we need to mandate/limit political PM because we can benefit as follow:
- Give opportunity to our younger generation
- To cut off the vein of corruption
- To develop democracy, good governance, decentralization, transparency and respect of human rights.
- To stop the culture of favoritism, cronism and family tree.
- To obey the national laws fully.
- To create check and balance in the nation in three institutions: Parliament, Executive and Judiciary.
- To obtain long term peace, prosperity and sustainable development.
Source of Article: http://ki-media.blogspot.com/2007/11/hun-sen-clashes-with-sam-rainsy-on-pm.html